How To Write A Blog Post Quickly and Effectively
If you are reading this post you are wondering how to write a blog post quickly using the 7 step formula.
I mean I personally would not want to spend all day on one post.
Deciding what to write about, then what pictures to put in it, then going through rereading and proofing it.
Then deleting and cutting out huge chunks of paragraphs, moving sentences around.
Blah blah blah.
Basically writing a blog post can be discouraging, because of how time consuming it is.
But it does not have to be that way.
I will show you how to write a blog entry with this 7 formula fast, but this is not a blog post template.
7 Steps How To Write A Blog Post Quickly
This is a simple formula I started using when I wanted to learn how to write a blog post quickly.
When I first started blogging I was frustrated, one of my frustrations came from how time consuming it was.
I would spend one day on a whole post and not even be happy with it by the end of the day.
But because I was not posting consistently and my blogging took so much of my time I barely had time for my clients and my social media accounts were neglected.
So I was not getting consistent traffic through blogging and no one was seeing my posts on social media because I was not being consistent.
So once I started following this formula it became a whole lot easier, and it will for you as well.
You will learn how to post a blog quickly with this formula.
So first decide if you want to write 1 post a week, 2, 3, 4, you get the gist. Once you decide how many you want to post a week times that by 4. Now you have you number of post you want to make this month. Write that number down. That is one of your goals for your month. Completing all those posts and sharing them all over social media.
So… before you even start writing sit down for one hour and write down you topics and ideas you want to talk about this month. This way you plan out your content list ahead of time and when it comes to writing it you just have to pick from the list. If you don’t know what to write about think about your target market. What are their problems? What can you write about to solve their problems?
*If you’re not sure who your target market it read this other blog post I did that tells you how to find them.
***target market blogpost****
- Pick one topic you want to write about from the list.
- Think of 10-15 different headlines for your blog post topic. If you think it is overwhelming to think of so many don’t worry it’s not. It should not take more than 20 minutes.
I will provide you with some free title generators below in the tools section to help you.
- Now make a list of what you want to talk about. Or make an outline. Whatever is easiest for you. This just help you get your thoughts in order. This should take 10 minutes. It does not have to be perfect. Just an outline for you to follow so you stay on point.
- Write your blog post and follow your outline. While you’re writing act like someone is sitting across from you and you are explaining to them everything in person. This helps me so I don’t sound like a robot. I want you to feel like I am talking directly to you.
- You also want to add pictures that are relevant to what you are talking about. This will be interesting for your readers. Ask yourself, “do you like to see pictures.? Keep in mind to use royalty free photos. You don’t want to take other people’s pictures.
If you don’t know anywhere to get pictures I will leave a few links down below for you.
- After you finish writing go through and do all your edits. I suggest you keep writing when your thoughts are flowing this way you don’t lose your train of thought. If you go through and reread every paragraph it is hard to get in a flow. That is why I like to edit at the end.
- Optional: Create a featured image for your blog that your audience will love. A featured image is used when people share your blog post. I like to use the headlines.
There are tools you can use to help you, and I will share them with you down below.
Keep in mind while you are reviewing your post ask yourself, ” did I stay on point? Did I veer off topic? Will my audience learn something? Or will they be inspired?”
Let’s say I am doing a post on how to get rid of blackheads. Half way through the post I start talking about how to apply foundation. That is veering off track. So if you think of a new topic just write it down that way you can come back to it later and write a post about it as well. Now you have two posts.
How To Write A Blog Post Quickly Using These Tools
Now that you learned how to write a blog post quickly let me show you the tools I use that help speed up the process.
To help me generate titles here are two that I use Tweak Your Biz (title generator) and Awesome Titles.
When I write my outlines I like no distractions so I turn off and exit out of all distracting screens.
I like to use ZenPen or OneNote.
Some of the sites I like to use to find royalty free pictures are Creative Commons, Free Digital Photo and Photo Gen.
When I create social media content one of the sites I like to use is Canva.
Some free blog writing sites are Blogger and WordPress.
Okay so now that you learned how to write a blog post for free let’s recap everything we covered.
You learned how to write a blog post quickly using the 7 step formula.
I also gave you tons of tools to help you
If you want some blog writing examples just check out my other posts and check them out.
Now that you know “how to write a blog post quickly” what are you going to do?
Hold on to this information, and file it away for later
Which we both know later mean I will forget about it.
Or take action and go write a blog post now and start seeing all the traffic flow into your website?